July 26, 2013
Dear HTS Community:
I hope this letter finds you enjoying the hazy days of summer and getting ready for the 2013-2014 school year. Since the last time we communicated in June, we have been very busy at HTS.
- Dedicated teachers are revising, editing and crafting new curricula in multiple subjects.
- We are installing new windows and unit ventilators in half of the elementary school. We hope to complete the other half during the summer of 2014.
- Our joint HTEF and HTRA Multi-Sport Courts project is under construction. Students in all grades will be able to utilize these courts during recess or in Phys. Ed. The courts are adjacent to the children’s playground.
- The new Boszhardt Family Technology Learning Commons is also under construction. Students will be able to enjoy working with brand new, state of the art touch screen Windows 8 Lenovo desktop computers. Parents are encouraged to stop in to see the Technology Learning Commons at Back to School Night (Tuesday, September 17th for grades 5-8; Wednesday, September 18th for grades PK-4).
- Our wired and wireless internet connectivity has been completely revamped. Our internet speed and bandwidth has been upgraded and all our students and teachers will benefit.
- The Strategic Plan that was discussed at three meetings last winter is being refined and edited for approval by the Board of Education in late summer/early fall. Once approved, it will be shared with the school community.
- At the July 22nd Board of Education meeting, the Work-Family Connection was approved as a before/after school child care provider for the 2013-2014 school year. Additional information will be sent home in August. In the meantime, please visit their website for prices, features, etc. The Work-Family Connection replaces the Kids Club of Harding.
Enjoy the dog days of August. Try to plan for some quiet reading with/for your children and make some time for math as well; there are plenty of age appropriate resources available online.