Dear HTS Community:
The next few weeks are very busy with many activities both during the week and on weekends. In addition to regular end of year activities such as final exams, we have the following events:
- Saturday, May 31 from 10:00-1:00 is the fourth annual PTO Car Show. We hope you can join us for a fun day. As always, we will have muscle cars, classic automobiles, authentic WWII-era US Army Jeeps and this year, for the first time, we will have a Tesla available for a test drive.
- The final Vision Council meeting of the 2013-2014 school year will be held on Wednesday, June 4 (8:30-9:30am) in the Library/Media Center. The topic is the Quest (gifted and talented) Program. Mrs. Bailey and Mr. Spelker will be present to discuss integral components of our award-winning Quest Program. Time will be allotted for parent Q&A as well.
- On Thursday, June 5, the annual Spring Art Show (6:00) and Concert (7:00) will be held in the gymnasium. The HTS Chorus, Jazz Band and Orchestra will be playing the classics and much more. Please come out and support the arts @ HTS.
- Friday, June 6 is our annual Field Day extravaganza. Come out and root for Team White (or Blue) during the morning and then root for the staff in the ever-popular grade 8 vs staff tug-of-war match.
- Although not officially a school event, Friday, June 6 is also the date of the annual New Vernon Volunteer Fire Department Steak and Lobster Dinner! For more information, please click here.
- Sunday, June 8 is the second annual PTO 5K Race and 1 Mile Children’s Fun Run. Stay after the race for some family fun. We will have a 25’ rock climbing wall, Morristown Cross-Fit and plenty of barbecue for everyone.
- Lastly, let’s not forget about all those great HTS dads on Sunday, June 15, the grandest holiday of the year!